‘Panalangin – Alay sa Bayan’ was a powerful prayer meeting held at 1 Shepherds Bush London W6 7NA on Friday, 10th May 2013 hosted by The Great Commission Ministry. It was joined by different Filipino church pastors throughout London. Pastora Phine gave the ‘Welcome Address,’ followed by the ‘Praise and Worship,’ led by TGCM Worship Team. Pastor Simon Juralbal introduced Pastor Mike Enriquez, the Technical Adviser to the Office of Coast Guard Attache, Embassy of the Philippines. He gave a beautiful exhortation on 2 Chronicles 7:14. The Ambassador, Enrique Manalo, of the Philippine Embassy was not able to come because of a previously arranged commitment. He was represented by Deputy Ambassador Maria Fe Panginilinan. In her speech, she encouraged us to use our right to vote.
The following were the prayer items on that night:
- Recognition and confession of sins both church and the nation - Pastor Rafael Casela - Full Gospel Tabernacle (FGT) 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Upcoming election on the 13th May 2013 - Pastor Bong Infante - Jesus is Lord Fellowship - (JIL) 1 Timothy 2:1 -2
- The church will have an influence and will shape the nation through their prayers and by setting a good example - Pastor Noy Quiaoit – International Christian Ministry (ICM) - Matthew 5:13
- Family, community and the poor - Pastora Lily Florida - International Christian Ministry (ICM) Galatians 2:10, Isaiah 58:6-7
- Youth by Alexandra Ibale - The Great Commission Ministry (TGCM) - 1 Timothy 4:12, Romans 12:1,2
- OFW and Filipinos abroad – Pastora Leah Janolo - Jesus is Lord Fellowship - (JIL) - Genesis 12:1-3
- Business, media, arts and entertainment – Pastor Miguel Pabilonia (CTTP)
- “Declaration of the sovereignty of God over the Philippines” – Pastora Ruby Eustaquio The Great Commission Ministry (TGCM).
One unanimous feedback was the obvious display of unity among the Filipino church, evidenced by a good turnup of the pastors with some of their members. We hope this is just the beginning of many more gatherings that will display the glory of God amongst us.